Use of Information, Data Protection and Internet Privacy
Personally Identifiable Information
Compliance Architects® collects personally identifiable information such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address only when it is voluntarily submitted to us on this website. We may use the information to respond to your requests and for our own internal purposes. Other purposes for which we may use your information may be disclosed to you when you provide your information. Where you indicate your consent, we may also provide you with helpful information, news and updates of Compliance Architects® services and seek your views on our services. Please note that by submitting personally identifiable information, you are consenting to such information being processed for the above listed purposes. For the above purposes, you agree that Compliance Architects® may use and store any such information provided by you. Third party suppliers, selected by Compliance Architects®, may also use and store your information, in accordance with Compliance Architects® instructions for the above purposes. In this context please note that your information may be held and/or used in countries outside of the United States. Although laws regarding the protection of personal data in countries outside of the United States may not require the same standards as United States laws, Compliance Architects® will make every effort to protect your information from loss or unauthorized disclosure.
Cookies we use
Other tracking technologies
We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons, pixels (or “clear gifs”) and other tracking technologies. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Websites or, in the case of web beacons, opened an email that we have sent them. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Websites to another; to deliver or communicate with cookies; to understand whether you have come to our Websites from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website; to serve targeted advertisements to you and others like you; to improve site performance; and to measure the success of marketing campaigns. While you may not have the ability to specifically reject or disable these tracking technologies, in many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly; accordingly, in those instances, declining cookies will impair functioning of these technologies.
When browsing the Compliance Architects® website you may get access to embedded media and other external sources which may store cookies. As cookies from externally embedded media may be used or modified without our knowledge or consent, you are invited to consult the following links for further information.
Which personal data do we gather?
Compliance Architects® collects personal data at its websites in two ways: (1) directly (for example, when you provide personal data to sign up for a newsletter); and (2) indirectly (for example, through our website’s technology).
We may collect and process the following personal data:
- Personal data that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes subscribing to our newsletter, registering for training, downloading a white paper, or requesting further information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence in our CRM.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Any postings, comments or other content that you upload or post to a Compliance Architects® website.
- Our website collects personal data about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics.
- Details of your visits to our website, the pages you view, and resources you access or download, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Use of information
How long will your personal data be retained by us?
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. We maintain specific records management and retention policies and procedures, so that personal data are deleted after a reasonable time according to the following retention criteria:
- We retain your data as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you (in particular, if you have an account with us).
- We will only keep the data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide services to you.
- We retain your data for as long as needed in order to comply with our global legal and contractual obligations.
Sharing Personally Identifiable Information
Compliance Architects® will not sell personally identifiable information to any third party for any purpose. We may disclose your personally identifiable information to our selected suppliers (as described above). We may also disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- (i) when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or otherwise injuring or interfering with Compliance Architects®rights, property or operations, other users of this site, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
- (ii) when we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Compliance Architects® may also collect non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to our web sites, the number of visitors to each page of our web site, and the domain names of our visitors’ internet service providers. We may use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our visitors use our web sites so that we may improve them and the services we offer. No personally identifiable information is disclosed in this process.
Use of IP Addresses
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your internet service provider or through your organization’s local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online.
Links to Other Web Sites
Access to Data for Correction or Deletion
We want to be sure that any information we hold on you is up to date and correct. You have the right to request for your personal data to be amended or rectified where it is inaccurate, the right to restrict our processing of your personal data, and the right to obtain deletion of your personal data. All requests can be directed to
Compliance Architects LLC
14 Wildflower Trail
Robbinsville, NJ 08691
To ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data that we collect online, Compliance Architects® uses data networks protected by standard firewall and password protection. Only authorized employees have access to the information you provide us. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur; we make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
If you have any queries or complaints about our compliance with this Privacy Statement, or if you would like to make any recommendations or comments to improve the quality of our policies, please contact us here.